-
July 31st, 2003, 01:37 AM
#21
HB Forum Moderator
Original post as in the DP post that had the 109 posts in it, there is no mention of a bank anywhere. (although I stopped reading by the 30th post)
-
July 31st, 2003, 01:41 AM
#22
Inactive Member
To be facetious...
would that make me Nicole Kidman ... I do appear to the only other person saying anything [img]tongue.gif[/img] ..
*admits defeat so early on ... and puts away those scales (they must be broken)
-
July 31st, 2003, 01:50 AM
#23
HB Forum Moderator
Hmmm, fight with Roger or Flirt with Optimal Star.
Hmmm. let me think about that one. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
July 31st, 2003, 01:59 AM
#24
Inactive Member
[img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] ....You actually had to think about that one??? [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]
-
July 31st, 2003, 02:04 AM
#25
HB Forum Moderator
Did you hafta use this [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] face.
I'm a bit afraid now. (the goofy face at the end of my previous post was meant to imply that it was a no brainer).
-
July 31st, 2003, 02:15 AM
#26
Inactive Member
I know but if it has slipped your notice I'm on a mission to use all those little faces to their full capacity ...lol
Aren't you going off track a little ---isn't this meant to be your 'fighting arena' [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
July 31st, 2003, 02:29 AM
#27
HB Forum Moderator
Yes, but this is the part of the script where the guy looks into the stands, discovers Lady Roxanne, and then unexpectedly gets his bell rung by the other guy. (notice I didn't use the word "bad" to describe Roger)
-
July 31st, 2003, 03:21 AM
#28
HB Forum Moderator
I offer a concilatory gesture, and you immediately back-date the gesture to the original occurence.
When you first made "the people would rather shoot 16m instead of Super-8mm if they could afford it" comment, I was incredulous. Absofu--kinglutely incredulous. While your productions probably involved actors and numerous effects better suited in 16mm, I discovered a whole different world of time-lapse, time-exposure, slow-motin, undercranking, etc that was easiest to shoot in Super-8mm.
Your comment ignored that reality.
Further in that original discussion, I offered a peaceful solution, and you did not take it. I said, "maybe for you, it makes perfect sense to say what you say about 16mm, but to say as a sweeping statement for a collective group, and say it on a primarily Super-8 forum, is inflammatory.
And that is why I say it was up to the moderator, a good moderator, to step in and let both sides have their point mean something.
As much as you think I have it out for you, I don't. I believe inevitable collisions will happen on any good forum, and that is why being moderator should mean something other than one's name in the header.
Surely you would agree that if Mr. Brantely had stepped in and merely said, I think you both have made valid points...the fight would have been over, pure and simple.
-
July 31st, 2003, 04:05 PM
#29
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks